Rotary Club of Airlie Beach Inc. (hereinafter referred to as 'Rotary') is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement discloses the practices by which Rotary intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information.
Rotary provides the following Guidelines defining how we shall deal with your personal information. (These Guidelines are given to the extent that the National Privacy Principles as set out in Schedule 3 to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 shall apply with all necessary adaptation hereto.)
- Collection Rotary will only collect personal information that is necessary for providing those services offered on our website. We shall advise you at all times the purpose of our collection and ensure that your personal information is collected by lawful and fair means and by your express consent.?When submitting information on our site, we will collect details including your name and email address such that newsletters can be delivered to you. The information we collect is essential for us to be able to identify accurately who is requesting our newsletter service so that we may be able to respond to your request. Such information that is collected will be held in the strictest confidence.
- Refunds Rotary will ordinarily refund payments in part or full depending on the criteria of the application. Applications must be received in writing. Refund policy is published annually in Rotary’s Media Kit and can also be obtained by contacting us.
- Other Terms and Conditions Terms and conditions are published annually in Rotary’s Media Kit and can also be obtained by contacting us.
- Use and Disclosure Personal Information we collect will only be used and disclosed for the purposes identified in our website. Should Rotary intend utilising this information for secondary purposes your express consent would first be obtained.
- Data Quality Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that personal information which is collected, used and disclosed is relevant, accurate, complete and up to date for the purposes for which it is to be utilised.
- Data Security In house safeguards will monitor and maintain personal information to protect against unauthorised access, misuse, alteration, destruction and loss. Furthermore, all information that Rotary no longer requires will be destroyed or permanently de-identified to ensure continued protection of your personally identifiable information.
- Openness Rotary publicly exhibits its personal information practices and management policies. As well as making these guidelines available Rotary will take reasonable steps to bring to your attention what information it holds, for what purposes and how it collected, uses and discloses that information.
- Access and Correction Where information is held by Rotary regarding an individual, access will be provided upon request in a form reasonably suitable to the information held, except to the extent that:
- The request for access by the individual is frivolous or vexatious; or
- Providing access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others; or
- Providing access would be unlawful; or
- Providing access would prejudice commercial negotiations between the individual and Rotary.
- If access is denied to an individual then written reasons will be provided outlining why access has been denied. Where an individual establishes that the information held about them by Rotary is not accurate, complete or up to date, Rotary will take reasonable steps to correct that information. We will provide full access to all personal information you have given to us. If you do not wish to have personal information used for a particular purpose we will not do this. If you desire to review or make necessary corrections or remove personal information you do not wish us to retain please contact us on this page to do so.
- Identifiers Rotary will not adopt an identifier that has been assigned by a Government agency as a means of identifying an individual.
- Anonymity Whenever it is lawful and practicable, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with Rotary.
- Sensitive Information Rotary will not collect personal information that reveals race, religious beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation unless the individual has consented. As such Rotary will not collect personally identifiable information about you except when you have authorised us to do so.
- Cookies and Browsing Information we collect via our website contributes to the development of the site by allowing statistical analysis of users. This collection of statistical data is carried out anonymously with no attempt to identify users or monitor their specific browsing activities. As such, in order to help us improve our customer service, we utilise cookies in order to statistically track our web sites performance. We collect anonymous information from users of our web site including monitoring the domains from which people visit and measuring visitor activity. We will only use your disclosed personal information or information generated by cookies that you have provided to us when we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure or you have specifically and knowingly provided that information to us. Rotary will not share your personal information with individuals or organisations outside of Rotary.